Monday, July 22, 2013

CAPTAIN'S LOG: SNAKE&LEATHER WEATHER

      This is my first entry, hello! Being that I am a lover of all things nerd, it's only right to kick off this new blog with a nod to my love of Sci-fi. Now let's talk clothes.
      Today's wolfy outfit was inspired by comfort. I didn't leave the house till early afternoon and by that time, the fog had creeped in along the coast. With a 72 degree weather forecast, I knew I wanted to go with something that had the ability to keep me both cool and warm for my lunch date with my husband. However, I didn't want to sacrifice my celebration of summer (even though, in CA terms, summer never truly goes away) so I chose a simple combination of a blouse with shorts.

 
(FROM LEFT: Celine Trio Bag,  Hermes Bracelet, Buffalo Horn glasses from Selima Et Benjamin, YSL wallet, T by Alexander Wang Leather Shorts and Equipment Pajama Blouse)





(Hermes Bracelet, Cartier Love bracelet, Vintage Cartier Trinity ring, Tiffany band, Claddagh Ring, Cartier Love wedding band and vintage wedding ring.)

    
     EQUIPMENT has always been my go-to blouse when it comes to getting dressed. Whether its a hot day or a cold one, I can always count on EQUIPMENT to make me look polished. This pajama-style snake blouse has a perfect blend of rock n' roll and chic. Lately, I've been having a love affair with Alexander Wang, especially his T line. I was able to get these leather shorts on sale and I've been wearing them a lot this summer. The nice thing about these leather shorts is how thin and relaxed they are. You exude a cool factor, an edge while remaining cool in another sense. To top off my outfit, I chose my Michael Kors gladiator sandals. Even with being five years old and all the adventures they've experienced, they're a perfect ending to any outfit.
    Recently, I was given the Celine Trio bag as a gift and it's quickly become my favorite summer purse. There's enough room to bring anything you might need while remaining small and easy. Most of the jewelry shown above are staple pieces I wear all the time except for the cuff. I brought the Hermes cuff out of retirement with the hopes I get inspired enough to wear it. I've always been confused with how to wear the bracelet but I've decided it's too beautiful a piece to leave it in storage. Let's hope, it makes more of an appearance this year.





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment