Sunday, November 24, 2013

SLEEPING BEAUTY WITH A BITE

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to see Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty at the Ahmanson theater. It was so wonderfully dark-my favorite mix of beauty and creepy. Matthew Bourne re-imagined the classic tale of Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty by injecting it with vampires. As he says in the program interview, the story already has fairies and magic? Why not vampires too? 
Wanting to represent my support of all things supernatural, I chose pieces that remind of a gothic romance: burgundy for blood, lace for innocence and a Charlotte Olympia clutch for bite. Even my lips were damned eternally. The show leaves Dec. 1st so I suggest everyone to hurry and go see it. 



Vintage lace top, Vince suede leggings, American Apparel lace bra, Christian Louboutin Jimmynetta booties, Charlotte Olympia Sucker for Pandora clutch. Lips: Damned by NARS.
L




No comments:

Post a Comment